- 10 - 11 Oct 2021
2021 World of Wearable Arts
Due to Covid-19 Level 4 & 3, World of Wearable Arts have announced that the 2021 WOW will be postponed and rescheduled, therefore #girlsonetheroadagain event is cancelled.
Come join Lesley’s small group, fully escorted #cuturaltour as we visit WOW 2021.
If you haven’t experienced WOW previously, this is a not-to-be missed event on New Zealand’s cultural calendar – a unique combination of the world’s leading wearable art competition and a spectacular stage show held in Wellington.
WOW attracts cutting-edge talent from across the globe, from the garment designers to the show’s dancers, aerialists, musicians and performers and the creative team which spends around 18 months bringing each bespoke WOW Awards Season together.
This cultural tour includes:
- Sunday 10th October – check into your Superior King room at Rydges Hotel (Featherston Street) in Wellington
- After you’ve checked in, join Lesley and your fellow WOW attendees for lunch with wine at Rydges. After lunch, why not take a walk to Lambton Quay which is 3 minutes walk – check out David Jones if you’ve missed something when packing
- At 5.30pm, we take short 5 minute walk from our hotel or taxi if it is raining to Wellington’s Dockside Restaurant for a beautiful two course pre show dinner with bubbles and wine
- After dinner, walk to TSB arena which is less than 5 minutes walk where you will enjoy the view from your platinum seat in section A for Sunday’s 7.30pm show – WOW souvenir programme is included
- After the show we head back to Rydges where we finish the evening with desert, cheese platter & a specially designed Girls on the Road Again WOW cocktail – time to talk about the amazing WOW costumes, I’m sure there will be much discussion of which was our favourite
- Monday 11th October – meet in the hotel restaurant for a full breakfast and coffee
- Late check-out – 12.00 noon.
Contact Lesley to secure your place on this amazing #culturaltour – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re Wellington based an option is available which doesn’t include accommodation and breakfast
On this tour, everyone has their own room – if you’re travelling with a buddy, happy to provide pricing for a share twin room
If you need flights, these can be arranged – check with Lesley
Limited to 9 a $500 deposit secures your place, balance payable 14 days prior.