- 17 - 20 Mar 2023
2023 Beautiful Marlborough Region – Wine, Food & Gardens
What a combination of activities to pack into a four day weekend in the beautiful Marlborough region! Come join Girls on the Road Again as entertainer, performer Jackie Clarke and Lesley Whyte founder of Girls on the Road Again and multi-award winning photographer as we are heading away for a little bit of an awesomely fun weekend.
From the time you meet us at Christchurch airport early Friday morning until you we drop you off at Blenheim’s airport on Monday around 4pm, this is a jam packed long weekend of amazing fun.
Not sure where to start as all the activities are awesome fun:
- Meet Lesley and Jackie at Christchurch Airport on Friday morning (or for an additional $250 join us the night before – dinner, wines & breakfast own cost) and get to know each other as we start our drive to Blenheim
- Scenic stops along the way with opportunities to capture images of seals along the Kaikoura coastline
- Lunch in Kaikoura
- Water taxi ride to Arapawa Island, situated at the head of the Marlborough Sounds and home of Arapawa Blue Pearls. Here we are treated to a scrumptiously beautiful lunch, of course with bubbles, then enjoy a tour and walk through the Paua farm. An opportunity while we are here to buy some of the beautiful jewellery. One of the amazing activities will be to feed the HUGE 80 year-old plus long fin eels which live in a small stream on the island
- Head to Havelock for beautiful seafood lunch sitting outside at Mills Bay Mussels – while why not buy one of their premium packs of greenshell mussels, the pack designed to stay fresh for up to 12 days
- Take in the view from Pelorus Bridge and a really short walk down to the river to enjoy the beauty of this location – pack your togs as on a warm day the water is gorgeous, no need for a towel as you’ll receive a gorgeous Girls on the Road Again beach towel
- Afternoon tea and tour two of Blenheim’s finest and distinctly different gardens, both of which have graced the pages of numerous books and magazines.
- Enjoy an afternoon tea with bubbles & canapés, and be treated to a private Paradise Oyster tasting session
- Enjoy “The Many” an eight course exquisite degustation dinner with wine pairing at Arbour Restaurant
- Be treated to an amazing personalised dining experience with wine matching at Scotch Bar
- The most fun you will have had with a glass of wine will be our “painting with wine” session with visual artist Sarah Higgins followed by our farewell lunch at Wither Hills
- Situated right next to our hotel is Cinnamon House Design who have the most amazing collection of housewares and furniture – while we shop, enjoy a glass of bubbles & cheese platter. If there is something on your shopping list for the man in your life, you will absolutely adore the “Man Cave”
- Each night after dinner, we’ll pile into Lesley & Jackie’s room to enjoy a selection of cheeses, bubbles, wine, whiskey and a gin based cocktail.
- From the time you step onboard the coach at Christchurch Airport, until we drop you off at Blenheim Airport, everything is covered:
- Three nights accommodation at Blenheim’s beautiful Hotel d’Urville
- Continental self-help breakfast on Saturday, Sunday & Monday morning
- Lunch on Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday with wines (except at Mills Bay Mussels)
- Dinner on Friday, Saturday & Sunday with wines
- Gin cocktail session
- Afternoon & morning teas as mentioned
- Transfer to Blenheim Airport on Monday
- Nibbles & bubbles back at the hotel
- All activities outlined above
What’s Not Included:
- Airfare to Christchurch and home from Blenheim
- Purchases or spending of a personal nature.
LEVEL OF FITNESS:
- A general level of fitness is required
- All prices quoted are NZD.
- We strongly recommend, on booking you secure Travel & Pandemic Insurance – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for policy details and buying of this insurance.
- Limited to a maximum of 11 a $500 deposit secures your place
- Seven own rooms are available $4,300
- Two share rooms (four people) are available at $3,900
- Join the night before, an additional $200 with meals & alcohol own cost
- Book now by paying your deposit – balance payable by credit card on receipt of invoice 21 days prior to departure.
Girls on the Road Again has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Girls on the Road Again’s awesome tours, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as a passenger.