- 15 - 22 Nov 2023
2023 Exploring Gardens & Wineries of South Australia
Do you enjoy exploring gardens, wine tasting, and dining at amazing restaurants plus a little retail therapy thrown in?
*** ONLY 3 PLACES LEFT **** We are excited that on this tour our co-host is Tracey Maddox – Kings Plant Barn ”Plant Doctor”, so come join come join our amazing small group, fully escorted 7-day Girls on the Road Again (your bloke is welcome to join) South Australian gardening and wine tour.
If you’re a gardening enthusiast, simply want to enjoy good wines and have an amazing time with some other awesome travellers or you’ve got the travel bug, then this is the tour for you! PS photographers, you’ll love the macro photographic opportunities as we walk around the gardens.
You’ll experience an abundance of garden visits and tours, sumptuous meals with local wines, winery visits and, of course, obligatory shopping time plus don’t forget lots of fun.
- If you’re joining us in Auckland, you’ll meet Tracey at Auckland International Airport
- If you’re joining us is Adelaide you’ll be met at mid-day at Adelaide Airport by Lesley
- Beautiful welcoming lunch in Adelaide overlooking Adelaide’s River Torrens.
- Guided walk around Hahndorf where you get to hear the history of this stunning location plus you’ll receive a 10% discount voucher which you can apply to a selection of local retailers
- National Wine Centre of Australia – here were enjoy lunch, tour to hear about the history of wine growing in Australia, with a wine tasting experience
- Two outstandingly informative and interactive days with the awesome Sophie Thomson, one of Australia’s best-known television presenters who was a presenter for more than 14 years on ABC’s TV Gardening Australia. You’ll spend time with Sophie at Sophie’s Patch, a three-acre property in the Adelaide Hills plus enjoy morning tea focused on ingredients from the garden. One day includes Sophie guided us around Adelaide’s Botanical Garden
- Garden tour of the award-winning, heritage listed Auchendarrach – the roses will truely stun you!
- Visit Jurlique farm and garden tour where we will hear about their certified organic farming methods and their exclusive Bio-Intrinsic method to not only keep the vitality of the hills alive in their beauty products, but to intensify it – opportunity to purchase some of Jurlique’s beauty products after our tour
- Garden and house tour of Hans Heysen’s. Visit The Cedars where we view both Hans Heysen and his daughter Nora’s studios – both highly acclaimed Australian artists. Walk through Australia’s oldest artist studio and wander along the Artist’s Walk and discover some of Heysen’s favoured painting sites. Home-baked morning tea also included
- Enjoy a full day at Maggie Beer’s The Farm Eatery. You’ll experience a private cooking demonstration, an amazingly fun and interactive gin mixing & tasting experience, long lunch experience with wines, followed coffee at the farm shop where you also have an opportunity to shop
- Enjoy Beerenberg where – purchase gorgeous jams, chutneys, relishes, and sauces and learn more about their history and the farm plus enjoy one of their beautifully tasty ice creams – 2 scoops of course!
- Feed Me Like a Barossan long lunch in the Barossa Valley and a signature wine tasing experience at Calabria wines
- Wine tasing experience at McLaren Vale Oliver’s Taranga winery
- Wine tasting 5 of your favourite wines at Adelaide Hills Cobb’s Hill Estate boutique vineyard while enjoying lunch – Stockman’s Platter, dipping bowl and olives, followed by Tarte Flambée for desert.
- Fully escorted from whether you join us ant Auckland or Adelaide until you’re returned to Adelaide airport. If you’ve joined from Auckland you’ll be escorted on your return flight to Auckland.
- Small group – minimum 8, maximum 12
- Seven nights twin share staying at The Manna by Haus in Hahndorf 4.5 star rated accommodation at – share twin or option to upgrade to own room at additional cost
- Fully cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Wines, beer & sparkling water with dinner and wines with lunch where noted
- Four private wine tasting
- Five garden tours, one vineyard all terrain vehicle tour – all privately guided
- Maggie Beer experience – cooking demonstration plus interactive gin mixing & tasting session, followed by a long lunch
- All entry frees to activity outlined above
- Dedicated coach with Lesley driving
- Amazing gardening time with Sophie Thomson over two days
- Don’t forget awesome time hosted by Lesley.
What’s Not Included
- Travel to and from Adelaide Airport – we although can arrange and book your flights, contact Lesley to assist you
- Travel insurance
- Mobile phone roaming of joining is from overseas
- Morning & afternoon teas (unless noted)
- Purchases of a personal nature, including mini-bar, room service and laundry
- Alcohol after or before dinner unless noted
- Visas, if required for entry to Australia or return to New Zealand – if you require assistance, please contact your travel agent.
- Sharing a spacious twin room – NZ$6,900
- Own room – $7,600
$500 deposit secures your place on this tour
Balance is payable 6 weeks prior to departure – payable on invoice by credit card, option for bank transfer available.
- If your traveling from New Zealand, your best flight is Air New Zealand’s NZ0191 which lands in Adelaide around 11am, while your return flight NZ0192 which departs Adelaide around mid-day
- Flying in from within Australia, plan to have landed and be at the meeting point at Adelaide Airport by mid-day
- If your flying in the afternoon before, we suggest Adelaide Airport Atura Hotel
- If you cancel, prior to final payment the deposit you have paid is non refundable
- If you cancel after final payment, what you’ve paid is only refundable (less $250 Girls on the Road Again administration fee) if we are able to sell your place
- If, for any reason we cancel, the amount you have paid is refundable (no administration fee applies)
- We strongly recommend you take out travel & pandemic travel insurance – New Zealander’s please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss suitable insurance.