- 30 Mar 2023 - 03 Apr 2023
2023 March Awesome Chatham Islands
Girls, come join photographer and adventurer Lesley Whyte on our March 2023 Awesome Chatham Islands tour.
Chatham Islands scenery is beautifully raw, the green colour is unlike what you’ve seen on mainland NZ, the history is inspiring and Girls on the Road Again can’t get enough of these islands, so much so, we have to keep coming back each year!
This awesome tour is inclusive of:
- Return airport transfers at Chatham Islands
- 4 nights accommodation across Hotel Chatham’s Forget Me Not luxury suites and Travellers Rest which is right next door.
- 3 full days with a dedicated Chatham Island guide where we will be exploring the island’s wildlife, botany, geology and learn about the the island’s unique history and culture plus of course, you will experience breathtaking scenery and meet many locals.
- All meals – cooked buffet breakfast, lunch and two course dinners with wine, bubbles or beer
- After dinner bubbles & nibbles
- Hosted at Admiral Garden by Val & Lois Croon, includes garden tour and an a beautiful two course seafood bbq with wines
- Exploring the life of the Chatham Island Bees and endemic flora in the Apiary, followed by an award-winning honey tasting
- Ladies’ dining experience led by Chatham Island chef Kaai Silbery; four-course degustation menu; with Chatham Island influence – Crayfish, Blue Cod, Paua, Kina, and Honey
- DOC and landowner concession fees – cost $300
- Voluntary Chatham Islands visitor levy which goes towards the island’s infrastructure maintenance – cost $25
- Girls on the Road Again waterproof canvas shoulder bag with mobile phone and iPad pockets, room for drink bottle, purse and lots more – $279 value
- With the our dedicated mini-van, any one interested in sunrise photography, Lesley will be able to take you to her favourite places to capture awesome images, otherwise sleep in and see you all at breakfast.
Girls on the Road Again supports the Chatham Islands’ philosophy of leaving footprints and only taking photos – when foraging we do not take any artefacts.
This group is limited to 15 – twin share with single rooms available at an additional cost
From the time you step onboard the Air Chatham’s flight in Auckland until you step off in Wellington there are no other costs unless you want to buy something from one of the island’s local shops.
Girls, secure your place on this awesome #girlsontheroadagain adventure with a deposit of $1,200 – the balance payable 14 days prior to departure.
Some fun facts:
A Journey Back in Time – the Chatham Islands is a place with no supermarkets, retail stores, skyscrapers, traffic jams or McDonald’s, instead you’ll experience a friendly fishing & farming island community.
- Chatham Islanders will likely call you a New Zealander
- They refer to New Zealand as if it is a different country
- Chatham Islanders call themselves Weka’s not Kiwi’s
- Locals wave to each other when passing on the road, its polite to wave back.
Booking Terms & Condition – click here
Girls on the Road Again has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Girls on the Road Again’s awesome tours, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as a passenger.
We recommend travel & pandemic insurance – please contact Kerry@privatetravel.co.nz for information on obtaining this policy.
NOTE: We recommend you book fully flexible Air New Zealand airfares for your Auckland and Wellington flights – Lesley will be able to provide assistance on recommended flight times and can also arrange the booking of your flights.