- 30 Mar 2023 - 03 Apr 2023
2023 March Chatham Island Seafood Extravaganza
Girls, come join photographer and adventurer Lesley Whyte and hubby Rob on our March 2023 Awesome Chatham Islands tour. We know that this is likely a place on your bucket list and your bloke is welcome to join you. This is a seafood extravaganza long weekend and we’ve paired the seafood with an amazing Chatham Island inspired champagne cocktail.
Chatham Islands scenery is beautifully raw, the green colour is unlike what you’ve seen on mainland NZ, the history is inspiring and Girls on the Road Again can’t get enough of these islands, so much so, we have to keep coming back each year!
This awesome tour is inclusive of:
- Return airport transfers at Chatham Islands – departing Auckland and returning to Wellington
- 4 nights accommodation across Hotel Chatham’s Forget Me Not luxury suites and Travellers Rest which is right next door
- Enjoy an sumptuous Chatham Island influenced seafood degustation dining experience created by Chatham Island chef Kaai – be treated to blue cod, paua and crayfish. All this paired with a Chatham Island inspired champagne cocktail, plus a selection of wines
- Hosted at Admiral Garden by Val & Lois Croon, includes garden tour and an a beautiful two course seafood bbq, again paired with a Chatham Island inspired champagne cocktail plus a selection of wines
- Three full days with a dedicated Chatham Island guide where we will be exploring the island’s wildlife, botany, geology and learn about the the island’s unique history and culture plus of course, you will experience breathtaking scenery and meet many locals.
- All meals – cooked buffet breakfast, lunch (packed or at hotel) and 2 x two course dinners at Hotel Chatham, 1 x four-course seafood degustation dining experience and 1 x two course seafood bbq with wine, bubbles or beer
- After dinner bubbles & cheese platter
- Exploring the life of the Chatham Island Bees and endemic flora in the Apiary, followed by an award-winning honey tasting
- Visiting Chatham Island Foods where you’ll enjoy a factory tour and have an opportunity to purchase a range of their seafoods and have shipped back home
- DOC and landowner concession fees – cost $300
- Voluntary Chatham Islands visitor levy which goes towards the island’s infrastructure maintenance – cost $25
Girls on the Road Again supports the Chatham Islands’ philosophy of leaving footprints and only taking photos – when foraging we do not take any artefacts.
This group is limited to 15 – twin share with single rooms available at an additional cost
From the time you step onboard the Air Chatham’s flight in Auckland until you step off in Wellington there are no other costs unless you want to buy something from one of the island’s local shops.
- NZ$500 per person secures your place
- Balance is due 6 weeks prior, payable on invoice by credit card.
- If you cancel 6 weeks or less, the amount you have paid is refundable only if we are able sell your seat
- If for any reason we have to cancel, what you’ve paid is refundable.
Some fun facts:
A Journey Back in Time – the Chatham Islands is a place with no supermarkets, retail stores, skyscrapers, traffic jams or McDonald’s, instead you’ll experience a friendly fishing & farming island community.
- Chatham Islanders will likely call you a New Zealander
- They refer to New Zealand as if it is a different country
- Chatham Islanders call themselves Weka’s not Kiwi’s
- Locals wave to each other when passing on the road, its polite to wave back.
- If you cancel the amount you have paid is refundable only if we are able sell your seat, less a $250 fee.
- If for any reason we have to cancel, what you’ve paid is fully refundable.
Girls on the Road Again has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Girls on the Road Again’s awesome tours, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as a passenger.
We recommend travel & pandemic insurance – please contact Kerry@privatetravel.co.nz for information on obtaining this policy.
NOTE: Chatham Islands weather can occasionally cause flight delays, we recommend you take travel insurance and book fully flexible Air New Zealand airfares for your flights to Auckland and home from Wellington. Girls on the Road Again will not be held responsible for additional costs relating to flight changes should your Air Chatham flights be changed.