- 12 - 14 May 2023
2023 Ultimate Girls Weekend – Gin & Wine
We hear Waiheke beckoning – what better way to enjoy this ultimate girls weekend away than with Lesley & Donna as this weekend is all about “Gin & Wine”.
Meet Lesley at the Auckland Ferry Terminal at 3.30pm as we’re catching the 4.00pm ferry to Waiheke. We’ll be met on arrival and transferred to our accommodation for the next 2 nights, here we meet Donna who is co-hosting this awesomely fun weekend with Lesley. Time to settle in to your accommodation at Onetangi Beach Apartments and freshen up for dinner (a really short walk away).
After a enjoying a welcome dinner on Friday night we are treated to a Gin tasting session, exploring Lady H Gin, which is elegantly crafted in New Zealand with premium botanicals selected for their delicate aromas. A beautifully balanced experience, created with a smooth infusion, vibrantly complex with distinctive characteristics. Fresh florals reminiscent of the gentle finesse of a time gone by – lovingly created with the care and attention of a woman’s touch. We will be combining Lady H Gin, Mt Maude Methode Traditionnelle and Cardrona Distillery’s Rose Rabbit Elderflower Single Malt Liquor and Donna’s ”secret” ingredient, tonight you’ll experience a truely unique cocktail designed especially for this weekend. No Gin & Cocktail evening is complete without enjoying a gorgeous cheese platter from Over the Moon Dairy
Saturday morning – if you’re an early riser, enjoy a walk along Onetangi’s beautiful beach as after our breakfast we’ll be straight into ”learning to make gin” – today’s about the distilling process and is extremely hands on. As a group you’ll explore all the different botanicals and choose what goes into your gin. Over lunch which is served in-house, we watch the gin still bubble away, afterwards the end result of our hard work is distilled into bottles and sealed, ready for us to take home. The volume of what’s in your bottle will depend upon the botanicals you choose, but you’ll come away with 100ml – 150ml of your very own creation. PS you’ll need to store your gin for at least 2 months before tasting!
Time for a relax and chat over a glass of wine before we head off, again a short walk to dinner – maybe tonight indulge in some local seafood or oysters? End the evening with another gin cocktail – maybe Donna has more ingredients up her sleeve to create something different?
Probably not too many will be up early this morning after such a full day yesterday, but we’d say you’ll definitely been in the mood for a hot breakfast & strong cup of coffee. After checking out, we’re off to Waiheke Distillery where we enjoy a tour of the distillery a Gin tasting session plus finish with a Gin cocktail.
We finish our weekend at Poderi Crisci, sit back and enjoy their iconic ”long lunch” – here Donna will continue to woo us where she will wine match each course with local Waiheke wines, explaining the underlying flavours and why she chose this wine. But before we start lunch, let’s have a glass of bubbles!
Around 4pm, it’s time to say our goodbyes as we’re transferred to meet the 5.00pm ferry back to Auckland.
- Return ferry Downtown Auckland / Waiheke
- Transfers on Waiheke
- Awesome hands-on Gin distilling class taking away 100ml – 150ml of your own distilled Gin in beautifully labeled bottle
- 700ml bottle of the elegantly crafted Lady H Gin to take away and a Lady H Gin tote bag
- Take home two beautiful Girls on the Road Again glasses to continue to enjoy cocktails at home and also sit back and savour your “created” gin when it’s ready, plus a gorgeous cocktail shaker, muddler & nip measurer
- Cocktail making & gin tasting session on Friday evening
- Gin distillery tour on Sunday with a gin tasting session and gin cocktail before we depart for lunch
- Two 3-course dinners (Friday & Saturday) night with wines
- In-house lunch on Saturday
- Long lunch on Sunday with wines & bubbles
- Cooked breakfast Saturday & Sunday morning
- Share twin accommodation in two bedroom apartments with share bathroom (own room available for additional $150)
What’s not included:
- Travel to and from your home to Downtown Auckland ferry terminal join this awesomely fun girls weekend
- Travel & pandemic insurance
- Spending of a a personal nature
- Drinks or meals not mentioned above.
Do you have any questions? Email email@example.com or call 027 4747 347.
To secure your place, pay your $500 deposit, plus if you’re wanting to upgrade to a room of your own, this is available for an additional $150. An invoice will be provided closer to departure for you to pay the balance by credit card.
- If you cancel any time up to 31 days prior to departure, the amount you’ve paid is refundable
- If you cancel between 21 – 31 days your $500 deposit is non refundable. Single room upgrade payment is refundable
- If you cancel 21 days or less, the amount you have paid is refundable only if we are able sell your seat
- If for any reason we have to cancel, what you’ve paid is refundable.
Girls on the Road Again has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Girls on the Road Again’s awesome tours, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. We require evidence of a negative COVID Rapid Antigen Test taken the evening before the tour starts. For your protection and emergency use, we carry a small quantity of Rapid Antigen Tests.
We recommend you take Travel Insurance with COVID / Pandemic cover – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss or arrange this insurance.