- 04 - 11 Jul 2024
2024 Chatham Island Mid Winter Christmas
*** NO SOLO TRAVELLER SUPPLEMENT *** In conjunction with our sister brand Hotel Chathams Tours and Air Chathams, we’re inviting you to join our amazing annual Mid Winter Christmas, flying to Chatham Island on 4th July 2024 and returning to Auckland 11th July 2024.
Over seven nights and days, you will be exploring the main island, enjoying the most spectacular scenery, learn about Chatham Island history, meet the locals and hear about the island’s wildlife and flora. Not to mention the amazing food you’ll enjoy.
But of course, you’ll enjoy a stunning Christmas meal at Hotel Chatham’s restaurant which will be laid out – from trees, table settings, chair covers and wall decorations in a Christmas theme PLUS:
- Enjoy a welcoming cocktail and canapés while you mingle with other guests
- Three course Christmas feast, with cheese platter and coffee to finish
- Quality Central Otago wines served throughout
- Christmas gift to the value of $50
- Photo session with Santa with digital images for you to share with family & friends to show them how much fun you’re having
- Jackie Clarke, entertainer and singer tops off an amazing evening.
The treats on over these seven days doesn’t stop there, you’ll also enjoy:
- Three course meal (lunch or dinner), house and garden tour at Kopi Bush Retreat – this is a daring and off the grid house which was featured on New Zealand’s Grand Design. Your host is Bridget Preece owner of this house and your meal is prepared by chef Kaai Silbery
- Three course seafood dinner, served at Hotel Chatham’s on your first night at Chatham Islands
- Garden tour and two course seafood bbq at Admiral Gardens – home of Val & Lois Croon. Here it is an opportunity to buy some beautiful locally made Chatham Island gifts – you’ll love the gorgeous jewellery
- Fish & chips – locally caught Blue Cod.
While you’re at Chatham Islands, there are lots of places we take you:
- Splatter Rock where you’ll also be looking for Chatham Island’s Oyster Catcher’s who nest amongst the sand and tussock
- Basalt Columns
- Tommy Solomon’s statue and enjoy a guided tour around the Moriori land and headland with expansive ocean views
- Visit the Moriori Marae, learning about the history of Moriori
- View Moriori tree carvings where you’ll learn about the significance of why these were carved
- Port Hutt – view the two ship wrecks and learn about their history
- Visit Waitangi West
- Walk to the historic stone cottage at Maunganui
- South Coast – looking for the Chatham Island’s Kereru and look out to the South where the closest land is Antarctica
- Kaingaroa – depending on the time of the day, watch the fishing boats loading and unloading
Point Munning and view the masses of seals on the rocks and swimming in the secluded pools
- The newly opened Chatham Island Museum
- Wild Apiary – where we hear about the British Black bees which produce the honey
- In your downtime, you can visit Cottage Crafts & River Onion Cafe
- Weather dependant head out on a local fishing boat to try your hand at fishing for Blue Cod – imagine taking home your very own catch to share with your family & friends!
- Air Chatham flights departing & returning to Auckland, value $1,100
- Seven nights accommodation – your choose from a selection of our properties
- Own room if you’re travelling by yourself – choice of room locations
- Coach transport and guides to all the activities
- 7 cooked breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- Dinners with wines & beer
- Fishing trip
- Chatham Islands airport transfers
- Chatham Island book which explains the history of the island
- All items as outlined for Christmas dinner
- Quiz nights with prizes.
- Purchases of a personal nature
- Alcohol over and above provided with dinners and spirits
If you are flying to Auckland to board the Air Chatham flights, please ensure you book flexible airfares as adverse weather conditions can alter Air Chatham’s flight departure times out of both Auckland and Chatham Island.
- Auckland/Chatham Island – flight departs 1.30pm, please ensure you have checked in prior to 12.15pm
- Chatham Island/Auckland – flight departs at 8.30am, landing Auckland at 10.30am.
Per Person Cost
A variety of room types available at three of Hotel Chatham’s properties:
- $5,800 – single, twin or double room with ensuite at Hotel Chathams, with rooms with expansive water views with door opening out to deck
- $5,800 – single, twin or double room with ensuite at Forget Me Not Suites with front deck – urban views.
Hotel Chatham Property Information
- Hotel – located on the waterfront at Waitangi
- Forget Me Not Suites – 1 minute walk to Hotel Chatham
Booking, cancellation & refunds
- A $500 deposit secures your place – once we receive your deposit, you will receive an email to choose your accommodation type
- If you choose to cancel your booking, your deposit is non-refundable unless we fill your place – a $250 administration fee applies
- If we have to cancel we will give you a full refund or you can have your deposit transferred to any of our other events
- Full payment is due 6 weeks prior to the commencement date and is thereafter non-refundable in the event of your choosing to cancel, unless we are able to re-fill your place – a $250 administration fee applies
- We strongly recommend travel insurance be taken out as soon as you have booked to cover you should you, due to illness, be unable to travel.