- 25 - 29 Jan 2024
2024 Concert in the Garden – 4 Day Package￼
Come join our sister brand Hotel Chathams Tours 2024 Concert in the Garden at Chatham Island’s Admiral Gardens.
Featuring “The Lady Killers” – a dream team of some of New Zealand’s favourite female vocalists. From a whisper to a scream and everything in between, Tina Cross, Suzanne Lynch and Jackie Clarke will, over two hours be making beautiful music bursting with harmony and power.
This 4-night package includes:
- Return Air Chatham flights (valued at $1,100)
- Departing Auckland Thursday 25 January, returning to Wellington 29 January (extend your stay option available to return to Auckland on Thursday 1 February)
- Return airport transfers at Chatham Island
- Accommodation at Forget Me Not suites – no solo traveller supplement applies
- Cooked and continental breakfast Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday
- Lunch each day
- Welcoming seafood dinner on Thursday night
- Admiral Garden tour and seafood bbq on Sunday night
- Solomon statue experience – meet Maui Solomon, grandson of Tommy Solomon. Walk the Solomon farm, taking in breathtaking views of the windswept headlands, hear about the restorative tree planing the Solomon family are undertaking plus have an opportunity to view the Solomon family cemetery
- Visit Owenga where fishermen may be returning or launching their fishing boats – take a long walk along Owenga’s wharf
- Visit Chatham Island Seafood company – have an opportunity to buy some seafood as well as enjoying an iconic Chatham Island paua pie
- Visit Kopi Bush Retreat, enjoy the company of Bridget Preece (and John if he’s home) who will guide you through the bush where you will hear about their restoring the bush. Kopi Bush Retreat was recently featured on Grand Designs as being an entirely off-grid home located on 485 hectares of farmland and 10 hectares of native bush
- Visit Kopinga Marae which stands as a tribute to the Moriori ancestors who believed so strongly in their ancient covenant of peace that they were not prepared to break with it when their Islands were invaded in 1835
- Enjoy a leisurely wander through the island’s new museum which is walking distance to your accommodation
- Enjoy a coffee and cake at River Onion Cafe.
Your VIP concert package includes
- Return concert transfers to Admiral Garden
- VIP seating location
- Two course dinner
- Wines, beers & sparkling water
VIP Backstage Pass includes
- Backstage pass to meet Suzanne, Jackie & Tina
- Photo opportunity
- VIP backstage pass is only available with this 4-day package.
Cost for all of this
- $4,900 per person – deposit of $500 secures your place
- No solo traveller supplement applies – if you’re travelling on your own, you have a room on your own.
Three day extension
If you’d like to extend your stay for another 3 days and return to Auckland Thursday 1st February, add an additional $1,650 which includes:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Wines & beers with dinner
- Chatham Island tours to visits to iconic locations such as Splatter rock, Basalt columns, Point Munning seal colony, Blind Jim’s, historic stone house, Waitangi West and the Sunderland Museum plus more
- Option to head out on a local fishing boat to try your hand at fishing for Cod – additional cost
- Option to fly to Pitt Island – weather permitting – additional cost
Booking, cancellation & refunds
- A $500 deposit secures your place
- If you choose to cancel your booking, what you’ve paid is non-refundable unless we fill your place – a $250 administration fee applies
- If we have to cancel we will give you a full refund or you can have your deposit transferred to any of our other events
- Full payment is due 6 weeks prior to the commencement date and is thereafter non-refundable in the event of your choosing to cancel, unless we are able to re-fill your place – a $250 administration fee applies
- We strongly recommend travel insurance be taken out as soon as you have booked to cover you should you, due to illness, be unable to travel.