- 30 Oct 2024 - 06 Nov 2024
2024 Exploring Gardens & Wineries of South Australia
Do you enjoy exploring gardens, wine tasting, and dining at amazing restaurants plus a little retail therapy thrown in?
Come join come join our awesomely fun filled, annual, small group, fully escorted 7-day Girls on the Road Again (your bloke is welcome to join) South Australian gardening and wine tour.
If you’re a gardening enthusiast, simply want to enjoy good wines and have an amazing time with some other awesome travellers or you’ve got the travel bug, then this is the tour for you! PS photographers, you’ll love the macro photographic opportunities as we walk around the gardens.
You’ll experience an abundance of garden visits and tours, sumptuous meals with local wines, winery visits and, of course, obligatory shopping time plus don’t forget lots of fun.
One major highlight of this tour is a private escorted tour of the exhibition by world-renowned artist Dale Chihuly. The world’s most celebrated contemporary glass artist, Seattle-based Dale Chihuly, has chosen the stunning Adelaide Botanic Garden for the first major outdoor exhibition of his work in Australia and the wider southern hemisphere. Chihuly presents a curated selection of large-scale installations and sculptures in this Australian-exclusive exhibitionKnown for pushing the limits of the glass material and elevating the medium from craft to fine art, Chihuly started placing installations in conservatories and gardens in 2001, beginning what has become known as his “Garden Cycle.” With this new exhibition, Adelaide will become only the third city outside the USA to host a “Garden Cycle” exhibition, following Kew Gardens in London and Singapore’s Gardens by the Bay.
- If you’re joining us in Auckland, you’ll meet Rob at Auckland International Airport
- If you’re joining us is Adelaide you’ll be met at mid-day at Adelaide Airport by Lesley
- Beautiful welcoming lunch in Adelaide overlooking Adelaide’s River Torrens.
- Guided walk around Hahndorf where you get to hear the history of this stunning location plus you’ll receive a 10% discount voucher which you can apply to a selection of local retailers
- National Wine Centre of Australia – here were enjoy lunch, tour to hear about the history of wine growing in Australia, with a wine tasting experience
- Two outstandingly informative and interactive days with the awesome Sophie Thomson, one of Australia’s best-known television presenters who was a presenter for more than 14 years on ABC’s TV Gardening Australia.
- Garden tour of the award-winning, heritage listed Auchendarrach – the roses will truely stun you!
- Visit Jurlique farm and garden tour where we will hear about their certified organic farming methods and their exclusive Bio-Intrinsic method to not only keep the vitality of the hills alive in their beauty products, but to intensify it – opportunity to purchase some of Jurlique’s beauty products after our tour
- Garden and house tour of Hans Heysen’s. Visit The Cedars where we view both Hans Heysen and his daughter Nora’s studios – both highly acclaimed Australian artists. Walk through Australia’s oldest artist studio and wander along the Artist’s Walk and discover some of Heysen’s favoured painting sites. Home-baked high tea with (of course) a glass of bubbles is also included
- Enjoy a full day at Maggie Beer’s The Farm Eatery. You’ll experience a private cooking demonstration, an amazingly fun and interactive gin mixing & tasting experience, long lunch experience with wines, followed coffee at the farm shop where you also have an opportunity to shop
- Enjoy Beerenberg where – purchase gorgeous jams, chutneys, relishes, and sauces and learn more about their history and the farm maybe grab buy yourself one of their real fruit ice creams – Lesley says –> 2 scoops of course!
- Lunch in the Barossa Valley with a paired wine tasing experience at Calabria wines
- Wine tasing experience at McLaren Vale Oliver’s Taranga winery
- Carrick House & garden tour – a 100-acre estate in the Adelaide foothills with spectacular views stretching to the ocean. Carrick Hill is one of Australia’s most intent period mansion, lovingly preserved for all to enjoy
- Private escorted tour of the exhibition by world-renowned artist Dale Chihuly.
- Fully escorted from whether you join us ant Auckland or Adelaide until you’re returned to Adelaide airport. If you’ve joined from Auckland you’ll be escorted on your return flight to Auckland.
- Small group – minimum 8, maximum 12
- Seven nights twin share staying at The Manna by Haus in Hahndorf 4.5 star rated accommodation at – own room at no additional cost
- Fully cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Wines, beer & sparkling water with dinner and wines with lunch where noted
- Four private wine tasting
- Five garden tours, one vineyard all terrain vehicle tour – all privately guided
- Maggie Beer experience – cooking demonstration plus interactive gin mixing & tasting session, followed by a long lunch
- All entry frees to activity outlined above
- Dedicated coach with Lesley driving
- Amazing gardening time with Sophie Thomson over two days
- Don’t forget awesome time hosted by Lesley.
What’s Not Included
- Travel to and from Adelaide Airport – we although can arrange and book your flights, contact Lesley to assist you
- Travel insurance
- Mobile phone roaming of joining is from overseas
- Morning & afternoon teas (unless noted)
- Purchases of a personal nature, including mini-bar, room service and laundry
- Alcohol after or before dinner unless noted
- Visas, if required for entry to Australia or return to New Zealand – if you require assistance, please contact your travel agent.
- Per person – NZ$6,900
$500 deposit secures your place on this tour
Balance is payable 6 weeks prior to departure – payable on invoice by credit card, option for bank transfer available.
- If your traveling from New Zealand, your best flight is Air New Zealand’s NZ0191 which lands in Adelaide around 11am, while your return flight NZ0192 which departs Adelaide around mid-day
- Flying in from within Australia, plan to have landed and be at the meeting point at Adelaide Airport by mid-day
- If your flying in the afternoon before, we suggest Adelaide Airport Atura Hotel
- If you cancel, prior to final payment the deposit you have paid is non refundable
- If you cancel after final payment, what you’ve paid is only refundable (less $250 Girls on the Road Again administration fee) if we are able to sell your place
- If, for any reason we cancel, the amount you have paid is refundable (no administration fee applies)
- We strongly recommend you take out travel & pandemic travel insurance – New Zealander’s please contact email@example.com to discuss suitable insurance.