- 08 - 12 Apr 2022
Amazing Stewart Island Foodie Experience
If Stewart Island is on your bucket list, come join Girls on the Road Again as the passionate and inspirational celebrity cook Jax Hamilton plus Lesley Whyte multi-award winning photographer and founder of Girls on the Road Again are heading to Stewart Island for a mind-blowing long weekend.
From our welcome drinks and dinner at our Invercargill hotel on Thursday 7 April, until we return you to Invercargill airport Monday 11 April just pack your bags, bring your camera or smart phone and be prepared to have an amazing time and we have everything covered.
There are some very special activities arranged with our dedicated Stewart Island tour company – Ruggedy Range:
- Guided tour where we get to enjoy a boat cruise and walking tour Ulva Island which is a picturesque, forested island with easy walks, beautiful beaches and interesting coves. It is significant as an Island free of introduced predators.
- Guided road tour of Stewart Island
- Three hour evening kiwi tour experience where we have the opportunity to look for Stewart Island kiwis
- Private foraging expedition – what we forage for will depend upon the weather, we are our looking for the Island’s unique food both on land and along the shoreline.
The highlight of this tour will be with the food we have foraged, we work with Jax in the kitchen to prepare a most sumptuously amazing dinner. While in the kitchen you will need an apron – you will each receive a beautiful, New Zealand made Girls on the Road apron to take away as a memento.
For the photographers, Lesley will be up early and take you to some beautiful places to capture the sun rising plus there will be opportunity for landscape and seascape photography across Friday to Monday. If you are a keen photographer – check out this link of how to pack your camera gear and what equipment may be suitable.
While on Stewart Island we are always keep an eye out for Aurora Australis (Southern Lights) and on this tour it is one of the best months with clear skies and no light pollution the chances of getting some amazing shots are good. Although we can’t guarantee we well get to see the Southern Lights, Lesley will be monitoring and wake us up if there is a display.
Friday 8 April
Check into Ascot Park Hotel any time after 2pm, meet Jax and Lesley for pre-dinner drinks around 6pm and then head in for dinner.
Saturday 9 April
After breakfast we’re off for the obligatory photo at Bluff, then we head to Invercargill airport for our short flight to Stewart Island – lunch today will be before we get to Invercargill airport as our flight is at 1.00pm
Our accommodation over the next three nights is in two houses in Lonnekers Beach which are side-by-side in Eglin Terrace:
- 120 Eglin Terrace will sleep 7 of us and has three queen rooms and a bunk room for four people
- 136 Eglin Terrace will sleep 5 of us and has two queen rooms and a bunk room for three people
Dinner at South Seas Hotel today.
Cheese platter, bubbles, gin cocktail and a liqueur back at houses after dinner.
Sunday 10 & Monday 11 April
- Breakfast and lunch each day is at South Seas Hotel
- Dinner one night a South Seas Hotel
- One dinner, we work with Jax in the kitchen to prepare a most sumptuously amazing dinner using the ingredients we have foraged from the land and shoreline
- Cheese platter, bubbles, gin cocktail and a liqueur back at houses after dinner.
Tuesday 12 April
After breakfast, again at South Seas Hotel it’s time to pack-up.
Maybe a walk along the shoreline before we are then transferred to board our 2pm flight back to Invercargill. Plan to connect with your home-bound flights after 4pm from Invercargill airport.
- Three nights share accommodations outlined across two houses in Lonnekers Beach. If you want your own room, there is only 5 available at an additional cost of $300
- Fully cooked breakfast Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday morning
- Lunch on Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday with wines
- Dinner on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday with quality wines
- Transfer to Invercargill airport Friday morning with Bluff photo opportunity
- Cheese platter, bubbles, gin cocktail and a liqueur back at houses after dinner, Saturday, Sunday & Monday nights
- All tour activities outlined above
What’s Not Included:
- Return airfares to Invercargill
- Transfers from Invercargill to Ascot Park Hotel
- Purchases or spending of a personal nature.
- Morning and afternoon teas
Level of Fitness:
- A general level of fitness is required to be able to walk 5km when at Ulva Island plus walking at night with torch for kiwi experience – refer suggested clothing list section.
All prices quoted are NZD.
Please ensure you read and complete the Registration, Booking Terms & Conditions which includes general refund and COVID-19 refund policy which outlines that in circumstances where the cancellation of a tour is due to a Covid-enforced travel restriction, and we are unable to operate the event as planned, or the ability to travel is affected, we will use a refund, less any unrecoverable costs OR you may wish to transfer to another Girls on the Road Again tour.
Girls on the Road Again has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Girls on the Road Again’s awesome tours, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as a passenger.
Limited to a maximum of 10 a $500 deposit secures your place. Limited numbers of own room are available at additional cost of $300 for the three nights is payable upfront with deposit.
Book now by paying your deposit – balance payable by credit card on receipt of invoice 21 days prior to departure.