- 27 - 31 Oct 2022
Awesome Chatham Islands
Girls, come join adventurer Louise Wallace and photographer Lesley Whyte on our Awesome Chatham Islands tour – timed to coincide with the flowering of the Chatham Island forget-me-not, a much loved, stunning garden plant which grows naturally on the Chatham Islands on coastal cliffs, rock outcrops and sandy and rocky beaches.
Chatham Islands’s scenery is beautifully raw, the green colour is unlike what you’ve seen on mainland NZ, the history is inspiring and Girls on the. Road Again can’t get enough of these islands, so much so, we have to keep coming back each year!
While Lesley can help with your photography, Louise is in charge of party time – you can be assured that this will be, as we call it, an awesomely amazingly fun adventure!
This awesome tour is inclusive of:
- Return airport transfers at Chatham Islands
- 4 nights accommodation at Hotel Chatham’s beautiful Beach Houses
- 3 full days with a dedicated Chatham Island guide where we will be exploring the island’s wildlife, botany, geology and learn about the the island’s unique history and culture plus of course, you will experience breathtaking scenery
- All meals – cooked buffet breakfast, lunch and two course dinners with wine, bubbles or beer
- After dinner bubbles & nibbles
- Hosted at Admiral Garden by Val & Lois Croon, includes garden tour and an awesome seafood bbq
- DOC and landowner concession fees – cost $300
- Voluntary Chatham Islands visitor levy which goes towards the island’s infrastructure maintenance – cost $25
- Girls on the Road Again waterproof canvas shoulder bag with mobile phone and iPad pockets, room for drink bottle, purse and lots more – $279 value
- Our dedicated driver and mini-van is available to take the photographers out for early morning or late evening photography.
Girls on the Road Again supports the Chatham Islands’ philosophy of leaving footprints and only taking photos – when foraging we do not take any artefacts.
This group is limited to 12 – twin share with limited single rooms available at an additional cost
From the time you step onboard the Air Chatham’s flight in Auckland until you step off in Wellington there are no other costs unless you want to buy something from one of the island’s local shops.
Girls, secure your place on this awesome #girlsontheroadagain adventure with a deposit of $1,200 – the balance payable 14 days prior to departure.
Some fun facts:
A Journey Back in Time – the Chatham Islands is a place with no supermarkets, retail stores, skyscrapers, traffic jams or McDonald’s, instead you’ll experience a friendly fishing & farming island community.
- Chatham Islanders will likely call you a New Zealander
- They refer to New Zealand as if it is a different country
- Chatham Islanders call themselves Weka’s not Kiwi’s
- Locals wave to each other when passing on the road, its polite to wave back.
Booking Terms & Condition – click here