- 27 - 31 Oct 2022
Awesome Chatham Islands
Girls, come join adventurer Louise Wallace and photographer Lesley Whyte on our Awesome Chatham Islands tour which is timed to coincide with the flowering of the Chatham Island forget-me-not, a much loved, stunning garden plant which grows naturally on the Chatham Islands on coastal cliffs, rock outcrops and sandy and rocky beaches. This is a blokes welcome tour as we reckon the man in your life has always wanted to visit the Chatham Islands. We couldn’t visit Chatham Islands without enjoying the local seafood and our Awesome Chatham Islands tour is all about seafood – enjoying freshly sourced paua,, blue cod and enormous crayfish.
Chatham Islands scenery is beautifully raw, the green colour is unlike what you’ve seen on mainland NZ, the history is inspiring and Girls on the Road Again can’t get enough of these islands, so much so, we have to keep coming back each year!
While Lesley can help with your photography, Louise is in charge of party time – you can be assured that this will be, as we call it, an awesomely amazingly fun adventure!
This awesome tour is inclusive of:
- Return Air Chatham flights ex Auckland, returning to Wellington
- Return airport transfers at Chatham Islands
- 4 nights accommodation at Hotel Chatham’s beautiful Beach Houses
- 3 full days with a dedicated Chatham Island guide where we will be exploring the island’s wildlife, botany, geology and learn about the the island’s unique history and culture plus of course, you will experience breathtaking scenery
- All meals – cooked buffet breakfast, lunch and two course dinners with wine, bubbles or beer
- After dinner bubbles & nibbles
- Visit to Chatham Island Food, tour of their factory with the ability to buy direct to either take home or have shipped home
- Hosted at Admiral Garden by Val & Lois Croon, includes garden tour and an awesome seafood bbq
- Exploring the life of the Chatham Island Bees and endemic flora in the Apiary, followed by an award-winning honey tasting, and cooking demonstration with honey mead refreshment
- Dining experience led by Chatham Island chef Kaai Silbery; four-course degustation menu; with Chatham Island influence – Crayfish, Blue Cod, Paua, Kina, and Honey
- DOC and landowner concession fees – cost $300
- Voluntary Chatham Islands visitor levy which goes towards the island’s infrastructure maintenance – cost $25 per person
- Girls on the Road Again gift
- Our dedicated driver and mini-van is available to take the photographers out for early morning or late evening photography.
Girls on the Road Again supports the Chatham Islands’ philosophy of leaving footprints and only taking photos – when foraging we do not take any artefacts.
This group is limited to 15 – twin share with limited single rooms available at an additional cost of $400 for the 4 nights.
From the time you step onboard the Air Chatham’s flight in Auckland which departs around 9am, until you step off in Wellington just after mid-day, there are no other costs unless you want to buy something from one of the island’s local shops.
Girls, secure your place on this awesome #girlsontheroadagain adventure with a deposit of $500 – the balance payable 6 weeks prior to departure.
Some fun facts:
A Journey Back in Time – the Chatham Islands is a place with no supermarkets, retail stores, skyscrapers, traffic jams or McDonald’s, instead you’ll experience a friendly fishing & farming island community.
- Chatham Islanders will likely call you a New Zealander
- They refer to New Zealand as if it is a different country
- Chatham Islanders call themselves Weka’s not Kiwi’s
- Locals wave to each other when passing on the road, its polite to wave back.
- If you cancel the amount you have paid is refundable only if we are able sell your seat, less a $250 fee.
- If for any reason we have to cancel, what you’ve paid is fully refundable.
Girls on the Road Again has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Girls on the Road Again’s awesome tours, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as a passenger.