- 16 - 23 Nov 2022
Exploring Gardens & Wineries of South Australia
Hey girls – do you enjoy exploring gardens, dining at beautiful wineries with a little retail therapy thrown in?
*** SOLD OUT *** Then come join come join NZ Gardener editor Jo McCarroll, and multiaward-winning photographer Lesley Whyte on our 8-day Girls on the Road Again South Australian gardening and wine tour.
If you’re a gardening enthusiast, or maybe you love photography, or you simply want to enjoy good wines and have an awesome time with some amazing other awesome girls, then this is the tour for you!
From the time you meet Jo and Lesley at Adelaide Airport until the end of our awesomely jam-packed 8 days where we return you to Adelaide Airport, you will experience an abundance of garden visits and tours, sumptuous meals with local wines (and bubbles), winery visits and, of course, obligatory shopping time.
All entry fees, coach transport, 4.5 star boutique accommodation, cooked breakfast, lunch with wines, dinner (with more wines!), morning and afternoon teas are included, plus you’ll also receive three beautiful Girls on the Road Again gifts to the value of $300 as well as some special gifts from some of the places we visit.
Click here to download the full itinerary.
This is what Jo says about why you should join this absolutely awesome tour
I just can’t wait to spend 8 days luxuriating in the gorgeous gardens of South Australia! We’re going to get a chance to meet some of the nation’s best known plantspeople and visit incredible public and private gardens (as well as enjoy some of the incredible food and wine for which this
part of the lucky country is so justly known!). This is going to be such a fun girls’ trip, and I’d love it if you came along too!
- Lunch on arrival in Adelaide at Atura Hotel situated at Adelaide Airport – get to know each other and meet your hosts Jo & Lesley
- National Wine Centre of Australia – here were enjoy lunch, tour and a wine tasting experience
- Two outstanding sessions with the awesome Sophie Thomson – one of Australia’s best-known television presenters who was a presenter for more than 14 years on ABC’s TV Gardening Australia. You’ll spend time with Sophie at Sophie’s Patch, a three-acre property in the Adelaide Hills plus enjoy morning tea focused on ingredients from the garden
- Guided tour around the Adelaide’s Botanical Garden by Sophie Thomson
- Garden tour of the award-winning, heritage listed Auchendarrach garden
- Garden tour at Ukaria – this garden is an inspiration of Ulrike Klein designed with the sensory experience of the visitor in mind. We enjoy canapes and bubbles as we walk around the garden, followed by a beautiful 3 course dinner with wines
- Visit Jurlique farm and garden tour where we will hear about their certified organic farming methods and their exclusive Bio-Intrinsic method to not only keep the vitality of the hills alive in their beauty products, but to intensify it
- Garden and house tour of Hans Heysen’s. Visit The Cedars where we view Hans Heysen’s studio which is Australia’s oldest artist’s studio able to be viewed. Wander along the Artist’s Walk and discover some of Heysen’s favoured painting sites. Home-baked morning tea also included.
- Enjoy a full day at Maggie Beer’s The Farm Eatery. You’ll experience a Private Executive cooking session, interactive Gin Mixing & Tasting experience, Eatery Food experience (long lunch) with wines, followed by coffee and cake
- Enjoy a garden experience at Beerenberg – sample and purchase gorgeous jams, chutneys, relishes, and sauces and learn more about their history and the farm. If strawberries are ripe, we’ll head out to pick some of our own!!
- Enjoy lunch and a signature wine tasing experience: a one hour chat led by one of Barossa Valley’s Calabria wines growers about wines, includes a regional food platter
- Wine tasing experience at Barossa Valley’s Oliver’s Taranga winery
- Private shopping sessions – perfect for your Christmas shopping list
- Lunch, wine tasting and tour at Cobb’s Hill Estate vineyard
- Seven nights twin share staying at The Manna by Haus in Hahndorf
What else is included?
You’ll receive three beautiful Girls on the Road Again gifts to the value of $300:
- Waterproof canvas shoulder bag, with two pockets to hold your water bottle and mobile phone, with room for your sunnies and wallet
- Slim water bottle which fits into your shoulder bag
- Face mask to wear in places which require masks to be worn.
Girls on the Road Again has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the New Zealand COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Girls on the Road Again’s awesome tours, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as a passenger.