- 10 Sep 2022
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Gardening Workshop – Make a Kokedama & Build a Terrarium
Come join NZ Gardener editor Jo McCarroll and Kings Plant Barn plant doctor Tracey Maddox for a fun four hour hands-on workshop at Kings Plant Barn’s newest and most stylish garden centre in Stonefields.
In this social and fun workshop you will learn the art of making kokedama, the uber-stylish Japanese planted moss balls, plus you’ll plan and plant up your own miniature living world or terrarium. In this small group workshop, you’ll get step-by-step instructions from the gardening gurus who’ll be on hand to help out as you play with plants, plus they’ll give you all the info you need on ongoing care to keep your plant creations lush and healthy once you get them home.
On arrival you’ll join Jo, Tracey and Lesley, the founder of Girls on the Road Again, for a fabulous indulgent lunch – with a glass of bubbles, naturally! – and a chance to get to know one another before heading upstairs for the practical workshop. And you’ll walk away with two fantastic planted pieces to proudly display in your home… and the skills to make more as gifts for plant-mad friends and family this Christmas.
Included in your ticket price is:
- Lunch – main, cake, coffee and a glass of bubbles
- All quality materials and plants to make your kokedama and terrarium
- Kokedama kit – plant, soil mix, natural jute, twine, sphagnum moss
- Terrarium – fishbowl, plants, sand, stones, moss & soil
- Goodie bag which includes
- Gardening gloves (you’ll need them for this handson workshop plus they are yours to keep)
- Girls on the Road drink bottle
- NZ Gardener Magazine
- Maybe a couple more items thrown in.
Making these can be messy, your clothes will be protected as we provide you an apron to use which is to be returned at the end of the workshop.
Booking terms & conditions:
- If you are unable to attend, tickets are transferrable to another person
- No refunds
- Kings Garden Club Members receive a 10% discount – please contact email@example.com to book