- 29 Jul 2022 - 01 Aug 2022
Ultimate Glenorchy Foodie & Photography Experience
Timed to coincide after the school holidays, come join one Girls on the Road Again’s ultimate luxury tours as Lesley is heading to breathtaking Glenorchy on the banks of Lake Wakatipu, a place which has captured the imaginations and hearts of travellers for 150 years. Set snugly between two soaring mountain ranges, a glacier-topped peak and the river-fed headwaters of Lake Wakatipu, Glenorchy is a unique destination.
Staying at eco retreat Camp Glenorchy, these four days are for foodies, adventurers and photographers.
For the foodies, we are hosted by Pete Gawron founder and former owner of the famous Saffron Restaurant in Arrowtown with two private sessions
- Foraging session and cooked private dinner with Pete Gawron, Camp Glenorchy’s executive chef
- Private Pasture & Pinot Workshop Cooking Class and wine tasting with Pete Gawron and one of Glenorchy’s local wine growers
For the adventurers and photographers, we will be heading out on two guided walks:
- Private guided walk with Camp Glenorchy’s head guide Shaun Shallish where we will enjoy a home-made lunch while looking at some awe-inspiring views, great for the photographers or just to “breathe the views”.
- Half day guided Great Walks of New Zealand Expedition including lunch on the Routeburn Track (this is an easy potion of the track)
After the school holidays you may want to indulge in a little bit of #metime, so we’ve included a private Yoga class for everyone.
Over these four days, return transfers from Queenstown airport, cooked breakfast, lunch, dinner with wines is included.
Friday 29 July – Plan to arrive at Queenstown airport before 10.00am as we board our private coach and transfer to Camp Glenorchy. Lunch and sumptious dinner with wines included
Saturday 30, Sunday 31 – Cooked breakfast, lunch and sumptious dinner with wines included. One night we’re heading to Glenorchy’s local pub to soak up Glenorchy’s winter atmosphere.
Monday 1st – Breakfast with transfers back to Queenstown airport for you to be able to catch-up flights from 2pm.
- Three nights twin-share accommodation at Camp Glenorchy’s sustainable eco cabins, own cabin available at additional cost
- Return transfers from Queenstown airport to Camp Glenorchy
- All substantial meals as outlined above with wines at dinner
- Glenorchy Pub dinner
- Foraging session and cooked private dinner
- Private pasture & pinot workshop cooking class with wine tasting
- Girls on the Road Again private Yoga session
- Two private guided walks with a Camp Glenorchy guide
- Girls on the Road Again New Zealand designed and made apron – $212 value
Want to relax more, then check out this optional extra (at your own cost) which you can indulge in, no need to decide now, you can book when you get to Camp Glenorchy:
- In-house relaxation massage – $160 per person
What’s Not Included:
- Return airfares to Queenstown
- Drinks or snacks not outlined above
- Optional activities
- Purchases or spending of a personal nature.
LEVEL OF FITNESS:
- A good general level of fitness is required as we will be out walking on tracks – you will need to dress appropriately – refer suggested clothing list section.
All prices quoted are NZD.
Please ensure you read and complete the Registration, Booking Terms & Conditions which includes general refund and COVID-19 refund policy which outlines that in circumstances where the cancellation of a tour is due to a Covid-enforced travel restriction, and we are unable to operate the event as planned, or the ability to travel is affected, we will use a refund, less any unrecoverable costs OR you may wish to transfer to another Girls on the Road Again tour.
Limited to a maximum of 12 a $500 deposit secures your place. Limited numbers of own room are available at additional cost of $300 for the three nights is payable upfront with deposit.
Book now by paying your deposit – balance payable by credit card on receipt of invoice 21 days prior to departure.
Girls on the Road Again has the necessary protocols in place to operate under the the COVID-19 Protection Framework red, amber and green levels. For your safety, that of your fellow passengers and those leading leading Girls on the Road Again’s awesome tours, we are have robust processes in place to ensure that we can operate safely at red, amber and green levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here to know more about this policy and the requirements of you as a passenger.